Vice President of Marketing
Rock the Vote seeks a Vice President of Marketing. This position is part of the Rock the Vote senior executive team and reports to the President. The position location is flexible, and will be remote during the pandemic.
The Vice President of Marketing will oversee Rock the Vote’s brand management and communication strategy. This includes messaging; public relations and communications; content development and distribution; creative and branding; artist and talent engagement; social media; advertising; and media and entertainment partnerships. The VP will be responsible for overall strategy and management of the marketing team members and consultants ensuring shared understanding and smooth coordination to strategically amplify and further the mission and programs of the organization.
The VP will play a critical role as a member of Rock the Vote’s senior executive team in strategic decision-making as Rock the Vote continues to enhance its quality programming, builds capacity, and grows. Additionally, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for contributing to the leadership and culture of the organization, working closely with other VP’s and the President to guide the organization and ensure the collaboration and cooperation between departments.
Candidates must be eager to work in a very fast-paced, campaign-like environment and able to balance and prioritize competing priorities. Must be able to periodically work long, irregular hours. This position requires an individual who can serve as a thought leader in the organization and partner to the President.
Responsibilities fall under three main categories: Leadership and Strategy, Collaboration, Programming:
Leadership and Strategy
- Oversee development and execution of comprehensive marketing strategy, plans and metrics to drive organization’s goals
- Develop and direct research-driven messaging and branding throughout all platforms, programs, and materials, while ensuring consistency and high standards are maintained.
- Develop, mentor, and manage marketing staff and consultants holding the team accountable to a high level of performance.
- Collaborate and provide high-level strategic advice to the President on marketing, including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with executive team members to identify opportunities to maximize impact; conduct and share research; execute marketing-related partnership deliverables; and create messaging, materials, and content to further program and development goals.
- Facilitate collaboration between marketing team and other departments, proactively identifying and resolving pain points and successfully leveraging all strategic opportunities.
- Direct all media and entertainment partnerships, including establishing and executing strategic goals, timelines, and deliverables.
- Oversee development and execution of talent recruitment and engagement plan, including artists, celebrities, athletes, and influencers as trusted messengers.
- Oversee digital and social media strategy, including creating and distributing content, ensuring marketability and accuracy of information, applying messaging research and executing scalable advertising and creative campaigns.
- Oversee public relations and earned media, including rapid response, program and event launches, press strategy and outreach, and proposing new ways RTV can proactively engage in public debate
- Lead creative development to advance Rock the Vote’s legacy, including branding, merchandise, events, advertising, materials and content development ensuring look, feel, and copy are accurate, visually appealing and optimized for Rock the Vote’s audiences
- 10-12 years of cross-platform marketing experience with significant, high-level management experience of staff and consultants.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing strategic multi-platform marketing plans
- Extensive understanding and experience with social media, digital, and influencer marketing; public relations; message and creative testing; life-style brands; and scalability.
- Experience conducting and incorporating communications research to build target audiences, optimize messaging, and identify platforms to track and drive action.
- Demonstrated success maximizing impact through cost-effective content creation and distribution with talent for storytelling that drives action
- Familiarity with out-of-home, radio, print, and mail advertising
- Proven creative savvy, with keen eye for trends, ability to adapt branding for target audience, and appreciation for data visualization.
- Experience and appreciation for marketing workflow systems and operational tools, such as Asana, folder structure, and nomenclature practices.
- Proven ability to learn new subject matters quickly with attention to detail and understanding of nuance
- Proven and highly effective communication skills, with an ability to distill complex information into easy-to-understand messages under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adapt and manage multiple deadlines.
- Experience in both corporate AND non-profit marketing
- Experience with corporate social responsibility campaigns
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary range is 90,000 – 110,000
- Competitive benefits package covering 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums, 100% of medical premiums for employee dependents, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, employer retirement contributions (Simple IRA), cell phone stipend, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VP of Marketing”.
Rock the Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and persons from low-income and working-class backgrounds to apply.