**MEDIA ADVISORY** ROCK THE VOTE’S ELECTION WEEK MEDIA GUIDE
Rock the Vote will provide several opportunities for media to access breaking news from the front lines of the 2010 youth vote, including:
Trick or Vote costumed canvassing (Oct. 29 – 31)
- Chapel Hill, NC (Oct. 29) 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT w/ 6 p.m. EDT performance by Passion Pit
- Gainesville, FLA (Oct. 31) 3:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. EDT
- Columbus, OH (Oct. 31) 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT w/ 6 p.m. EDT performance by OK Go
- Philadelphia, PA (Oct. 31) 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. EDT
Comedy Central rallies being hosted on the National Mall (Oct. 30)
- “Party Fearlessly, Vote Fearlessly” Post-rally After Party at Rocket Bar (DC – 714 7th St NW near Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro)
Live updates on Election Day (Nov. 2)
- Breaking news releases at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m. & when polls close.
Post-Election Day Analysis (Nov. 3)
- 2010 Midterm Election Results Conference Call, Time TBD
To RSVP and receive press credentials for any of these events or to be added to our breaking news alerts on election day please email email@example.com.
About Rock the Vote | www.rockthevote.org
Rock the Vote engages young people in our democracy and builds their political power by registering, educating and turning them out to vote, by forcing the candidates to campaign to them, and by making politicians pay attention to youth and the issues they care about once in office. For 20 years, we have used music, popular culture, new technologies and old-fashioned grassroots organizing to engage and mobilize young people to participate in every election. By providing them with the information and tools they need since 1990, Rock the Vote has registered more than 5 million young people, including more than 2.5 million in the historic 2008 election. In 2010, Rock the Vote has logged more than 280,000 voter registration downloads as part of the largest midterm elections outreach strategy in our organization’s history.